Lane County Veterinary Medical Association
|Posted by lcvma on January 24, 2010 at 6:53 PM|
LCVMA Meeting Minutes for January 12, 2010
Changes to last meeting minutes
- November 2, 2009 = no changes
- Checking = $xxxxx.xx
- CD = $xxxxx.xx
- Donation/possible recipients of 2009 OVC kickback funds totaling $788.62
- LCAS Advertisements as done last year
- TNR program: funds would be very helpful in expanding current services and adding new: more leukemia tests, improved pain management (metacam vs ketofen +/- buprenex), revolution treatments, deworming, SQ fluids
- Political Action Committee via Oregon Veterinary Medical Association
2. Oregon Veterinary Conference is on March 3-5, 2010
3. Final vote for appropriation of OVC kickback funds at the next LCVMA meeting on March 9, 2010.
- Animal Emergency Response Team - Contact Mary Whitlock
- Meeting on Thursday, January 28th at Lane County Mental Health in Michael Rogers Rm. @ 2411 MLK Blvd, Eugene: Topics = County's plan for animals in event of disaster, volunteer/training opportunities, preparing your own pets/family for disaster
- Possible LCVMA project: An fully equipped emergency response trailer that will also have potential for LCVMA PR and education throughout the county/state
2. Greenhill Humane Society - Contact Gail Schroder
- Please inform your clinics/staff/clients that the only follow up care/veterinary services provided to adoptees is post spay/neuter complications for spay/neuters performed at GHHS. These services are free. Any other veterinary needs are referred back to the pet's regular/referring DVM.
- Suggestion to consider changing by-laws to vary/alter/rotate the nights of LCVMA meetings to allow members to attend meetings that normally cannot attend on Tuesday evenings.
- Considering pros/cons of speaker topics of relevance/interest to mixed and large animal practitioners of the Lane county area.
- A contact list for retired veterinarians is needed to allow invitation to join LCVMA and offer lifetime memberships if qualified (see by-laws). If any one has names and contact information regarding such individuals, please contact the LCVMA board.
- Thank you to the following for supporting our January 12, 2010 LCVMA meeting
- Sponsor: Elanco
"Away from the Elbow? Toward the Knee? Be Prepared When Osteosarcoma Gets Tricky!"
By Amy Csiszer, DVM, surgical resident at OVRA
2. Winner of door prize donated by Elanco = Dr. Sara Naidoo
3. Next meeting on March 9, 2010