Lane County Veterinary Medical Association
|Posted by lcvma on October 30, 2010 at 5:54 PM|
Changes to last meetings minutes
March 9, 2010 = no changes
Checking balance ~$14K
CD balance ~$17K
- LCAS Advertisements - Another request to donate towards the ads for pet adoptions. The ads provide exposure for the LCVMA and increases our recognition, the animals sponsored in the ads have a higher adoption rate. Move to vote at next meeting.
- Emergency Response Trailer: The word is getting out - Ad in paper, LCVMA support, PR. Continuing to raise money to stock the trailer. Events involving the trailer are being planned and the trailer was at "Bark in the Park". There were 25 people in the first class geared towards training which happened the first weekend in May 2010.
- TNR still a few days left to fill with volunteers: July 25th, Sept. 5th and 26th, e-mail Gail or call GHHS.
- Need eye medication donations, partial tubes and expired meds are accepted
- Kitten vaccine program in place in order to get kittens vaccinated prior to bringing pets in for reliquishment to GHHS
Thank you to all who have worked so hard to help put together an emergency response plan and get equipment gathered for Lane County's Animal Disaster plan. Special Thanks to Mary Whitlock and Kathy Snell for spearheading this project.
- Probono's community veterinary center needs 1-2 veterinarians in an advisory role
- Next LCVMA meeting scheduled for 2nd Tuesday in September, 2010.