Lane County Veterinary Medical Association
|Posted by lcvma on October 30, 2010 at 6:21 PM|
Changes to last meetings minutes
June 8, 2010 = no changes
Checking balance ~$13.1K
CD balance ~$17.8K
- Emergency Response Trailer
- Still needs more funds to continue eqipping the trailer. OVRA donated $1000.
- Protocols are being developed for the use/access to the trailer and a liability policy for the LCVMA is being researched even though the trailler is owned by LCAS. Propose a vote to allow LCVMA to open a liability policy
2. Proposal to put to vote at next meeting to donate ~$1200/yr towards funding the LCAS adoption ads.
- New Laws/legislature
- Does the law require for an exam to have been performed on a pet within the last 12 months in order for a veterinary clinic to administer vaccines to a patient?
- Puppy Bill HB2470 - Breeders are required to have a DVM examine a puppy prior to sale
- In Lane county, a good samaritan is permitted to pick up a stray animal and provide emergency care and spay/neuter without risk of being charged with theft.
2. To vote at next meeting: donations to be made in memory of our former colleagues at responsibility of our treasurer.
3. Dr. Schlorman will look into getting the signature card for the LCVMA accounts updated and obtaining a bank card.
- GHHS - There has been an increase in the percentage and overall numbers of positive incoming leukemia cases this year at GHHS. Similar trends seen at the shelter in Bend, OR. Will gather more information and consider a news release from the LCVMA.
Next meeting to be on the second Tuesday in November